Playing on a full acoustic drum and many other kits in the studio can be disturbing. Maybe not for you, but your many loud studio activities can be a pain in the ass of your neighbors. Although they don’t look much, the volume level from your studio can be the equivalent of a subway train in a person’s living room. This is why you need the best soundproof curtains for studio.
Studio noise is not the best way for fostering a happy relationship with your neighbors. The simple solution is to fit the best soundproof curtains for studio to help limit the noise escaping your curtain. Soundproof curtains are inexpensive solutions that you can conveniently install in your studio to reduce the noise coming in and out of the room. Apart from this, some soundproof curtains are multifunctional. This is because they also block out the sun, light, and help to regulate the room temperature.
- 1 Factors to Consider Before Buying Soundproof Curtains for Studio
- 2 Review of the Best Soundproof Curtains for Studio
- 2.1 StangH Black Velvet Curtains
- 2.2 BEAUTIROX Thermal 100% Blackout Grommet Curtain
- 2.3 Extra Wide Patio Door Curtains Thermal Insulated Blackout Patio Curtains
- 2.4 Rutterllow Blackout Curtains for Bedroom, Thermal Insulated Room Darkening Curtains 2 Panels for Living Room
- 2.5 Window Treatment Curtains Insulated Thermal White Curtains Blackout Back Tab/ Rod
- 2.6 Ryb Home Blackout Thermal Insulated Blind
- 2.7 Nicetown Sound Proof Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains
- 2.8 PONY DANCE Blackout Window Curtains
- 2.9 Ambesonne Forest Curtains, Autumn Season Mystic Foggy Fall Nature and Enchanted Woods Wild Trees Print
- 2.10 LORDTEX Blackout Curtains
- 2.11 Extra Long Velvet Blackout Drapes
- 2.12 Rutterlow Blackout Curtains for Bedroom
- 2.13 WONTEX Blackout Curtains
- 3 Conclusion
Factors to Consider Before Buying Soundproof Curtains for Studio
The Curtain Type
There are different types of soundproof curtains, each with their advantages and disadvantages. As a result, you need to carefully consider the type you need for a quality purchase. The common types include:
- Blackout or insulating curtains: This type of curtain is designed to block out the light to achieve thermal insulation. Thanks to their design, the curtains also function as light and thermal insulators. Regardless of all these, they are ideal for reducing noise from the studio and outside. Do note, though, that they may not reduce sound completely but significantly.
- Audio sound-absorption sheet: These sheets come with hardware and pre-mounted grommets that you can hang them on. Because of these grommets, you can hang them on the rail without stress. However, the sheets are not as stylish or aesthetically pleasing as a blackout curtain. However, they reduce sound the most of the two. The sheets are often quilted with cellulose-filled voids. On the downside, they are a bit difficult to maintain since they are not machine washable.
- Industrial blankets: An industrial blanket is another effective way to reduce the noise coming through your doors and windows. Like protective sheets, they are best used for reducing sound in the work environment. The blankets often vary in thickness and don’t always come with grommets for hanging them on poles. However, they are cheaper.
You need to evaluate the size and width of the curtain and match it to the size and width of your window. The ideal way to ascertain this is to measure the size of the window where you plan to hang the curtain. Unlike normal curtains, a soundproof curtain should be about 10-inches longer than your window and three times wider. Although this looks excessive, the extra size helps to increase its noise-canceling ability and maximize the curtain coverage. Try curtains that reach from the ceiling to the floor for effectiveness.
Apart from the size, you also need to consider the weight of the curtain. This part can be tricky as some buyers prefer a light curtain while some prefer flexible ones. However, heavier curtains are best for soundproofing a studio space. True, they can be a pain when you want to put the curtain on the wall without help. However, the density helps to improve the curtain’s sound-canceling ability. Heavier curtains are also better at absorbing and reflecting sounds and low-frequency noise. You can double or quadruple the curtain’s layer to improve its soundproof quality. Be careful, though, since you’ll need a heavy-duty rod to accommodate the curtain’s weight.
You must carefully consider the weight of the curtain before selecting the rod. Wrap-around rods are useful as it eliminates gap at the curtain edges. This way, it will reduce more noise. Alternatively, use double rods as it doubles up on the layers of the curtain for more effectiveness. Plus, it also reduces the light coming into the room. Another way is to choose ceiling-mounting brackets in place of curtain rods. The brackets hang from the ceiling; hence, give more coverage.
Below is our list of the best soundproof curtains for studio and how you can make your purchase worth it.
Review of the Best Soundproof Curtains for Studio
StangH Black Velvet Curtains
The StangH Black Velvet Curtains always come with two panels, each measuring 52 inches wide and 84 inches long. The curtains have dual top pockets and can be hung using curtain clips or on rods creating different styles easily. The curtains are not only soft, smooth and pleasant to touch, but they also come in different charming tones that can blend well into any room setting. Red velvet curtains block out most sunlight rays to create a dark and comfortable room. The curtains are perfect for any part of a building, including the studio. Also, the curtains are heavily insulated and balance room temperature against the winter chill and the heat of the summer. The curtains are machine washable, can be dry-cleaned and ironed if needed.
- High-quality material
- Very soft to the touch
- Blocks out most sunlight rays
- Some of the curtains are not as long as 84 inches
BEAUTIROX Thermal 100% Blackout Grommet Curtain
The Beautirox brand of Turquoise curtain is a double-layer curtain, made of polyester for durable use. The 2 panels per package lined curtain are 52 x 63-inch-long and 104-inch width with differently designed 8 silvery grommets. It is also easy to use and elegant. Being a black-out type of curtain, it prevents sunlight. Its soundproof properties also reduce noise, and its triple weave blackout fabric with draperies balances room temperature. Plus, it insulates against cold and heat. This makes it an excellent choice for the winter and summer. The curtain is machine-washable at 86F or below, taking cognizance of important garment standard washing instructions. More importantly, the product is friendly to nature and humans
- Blocks out sunlight
- Restrictive washing instructions
Extra Wide Patio Door Curtains Thermal Insulated Blackout Patio Curtains
The Patio Door curtains are made of polyester and are ultra-soft and smooth, with a silky and velvet hand feeling. Plus, it is eco-friendly for everyone. The vinyl-free curtains permit airflow to keep the room ventilated. A tight weave of colored yarns woven in three layers and on both sides ensures privacy for studio use. The super-wide 100-ich, 8.3ft curtain, with 16 stainless silver grommets can be hung from a decorative or standard rod. It can also be used in small or large spaces in any kind of room. The product is durable and comes with a warranty.
- Aids privacy and ventilation
- Energy-efficient and eco friendly
- Easy to install
- Does not completely block light
Rutterllow Blackout Curtains for Bedroom, Thermal Insulated Room Darkening Curtains 2 Panels for Living Room
Rutterllow Blackout Curtains comes in a set with two panels that is 422-inches wide and 63-inches long. Made of 100% polyester, the curtain features six shiny grommets of 1.6-inches inner diameter. The curtain blocks close to 80- 95% of sunlight. It is also thermally insulated; hence, will keep your home cold-free. The curtain darkens the room and is available in different colors and sizes. It is also soft and slightly thick. More importantly, the curtain reduces noise considerably; hence, is ideal for studio use. It is also energy-efficient.
- Easily affordable
- Machine washable
- Not ironable
Window Treatment Curtains Insulated Thermal White Curtains Blackout Back Tab/ Rod
Thermal insulated white curtains have about 100% microfiber polyester blackout fiber. It also has a set of 2 panels of about 52-inches wide and 96-inches long. The curtain blocks 50% of sunlight and also prevents 100% UV rays. By implication, you can use it to darken your studio. It is also energy-efficient and insulates against heat and cold. Plus, it adds a modern touch to your home and works for decorative use. The curtain is easy to hang, and as a result, has a neat appearance. Apart from this, it is available in different colors and sizes for flexible selection.
- Soft, silky, and durable
- Machine washable and ironable
- Blocks noise
- Some buyers think it is too heavy
Ryb Home Blackout Thermal Insulated Blind
BYB thermal insulated blind is made up of 100% high-quality durable polyester and a soft triple woven fabric. The curtain adds a wonderful touch to your studio space and ensures appropriate privacy. RYB insulated blinds can be used in splitting your room and for creating a personal space. Thanks to its material, it blocks light from entering. The curtain has the same material back as the front; hence, you can conveniently switch between the two. It is also very easy to install and maintain. Plus, it is machine washable with non-chlorine bleach and iron.
- Blocks sunlight and UV Rays
- Easy to install and maintain
- Machine washable
- High-quality material.
- Not lightweight
Nicetown Sound Proof Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains
Nicetown soundproof thermal insulated Blackout curtain is 100% polyester. The curtain is smooth, soft, and heavy. Besides, the heavy-duty blackout fabric is woven with three-layer construction. As a result, it is ideal for blocking out light to prevent harmful UV rays from reaching the floor and furniture. It also prevents cold or heat transfer from outside. Plus, it allows the creation of darkness at any time of the day. The curtain is machine washable with mild detergent, no bleaching, and low-temperature ironing.
- Machine washable
- Prevents Sunlight and UV Rays
- Prevents cold or heat transfer from outside
- Some products came wrinkled
PONY DANCE Blackout Window Curtains
PONY DANCE Blackout Window Curtains possess 100% polyester for durable and lasting performance. It is a 2-panel heavy-duty Blackout Curtain, each measuring 52 inches in width and 45 inches in length. The curtain is a multifunctional product as it reduces noise and regulates temperature effectively. By implication, a single purchase delivers one product that does the function of many. The curtain also works for decorative purposes in your studio and fits well on any wall.
- The curtains are versatile in style
- They are machine washable
- Ensures privacy and blocks the sun
- There are reports of a disparity in color
Ambesonne Forest Curtains, Autumn Season Mystic Foggy Fall Nature and Enchanted Woods Wild Trees Print
Ambesonne Forest Curtains are printed in bold graphics with the state of arts digital printing technology. In size, it is 84 inches long and 108 inches wide, alongside 2 curtain panels. The curtains are made from high silky-satin polyester in Turkey. Not only this, but it comes with a 2.5-inch rod pocket. Thanks to this feature, you can conveniently hang the curtain on the wall with ease. Its unique print also makes it stand out on the wall for aesthetic purposes.
- Unique print and texture
- Filters the sun and regulates illumination
- Aesthetic is maximized in the dark
- Some say it looks better in pictures
LORDTEX Blackout Curtains
The LORDTEX Blackout Curtain features 100% polyester fabric with 2 sets of dark gray blackout curtain panels and window drapes. As a result, it fits well with decorative or standard curtain rods, which enables the curtains easy to install and slide. The blackout fabric is made from a durable soft and thick weave that blocks out above 90% of sunlight and UV rays. Lordtex blackout curtains also protect your furniture and floor from exposure to the sun. Plus, it also regulates your room temperature and helps save energy bills. The curtain is heavy and thick, hence, reduces the noise from outside and also creates a private environment for you. More importantly, it is simple to wash and won’t decor easily.
- Durable polyester fabric
- Protects furniture from damage and fading
- Regulate the temperature of the room.
- The curtain is considerably heavy
Extra Long Velvet Blackout Drapes
Velvet blackout drapes are made of extra-long closely woven fabric curtains that can block UV rays and sunlight to protect the furniture. The velvet curtains are soft and have a pleasant look. As a result, the curtains are perfect for studio use. Not just this, but you can also use them in the bedroom, living room, dining room, and kids’ room. Plus, the curtain regulates the temperature of the room while saving energy costs. Thanks to its design, it ensures a dark and cozy environment and also provides privacy. Not just this, but the velvet curtains are washable and easy to dry clean.
- Perfect length with great quality
- You can hang it with clip rings
- Easy to maintain
- The sides sometimes curl up.
Rutterlow Blackout Curtains for Bedroom
The thermal insulated room darkening curtain by Rutterlow is ideal for reducing sound in the studio. Thanks to its black surface, it also works for controlling the room temperature from heat and cold. The 100% polyester curtain has 2 panels, with each measuring 420inches wide and 63-inches long. This way, it effectively blocks 95% of sunlight. Top grommets on the curtain also help you hang it with ease without any difficulty. Plus, it is easy to machine wash in cold water, but you can’t bleach it.
- Comes with tie backs
- Thick and soft
- Keeps cold and sunlight away
- Although not all colors are completely blackout, it does give the studio a different shade.
WONTEX Blackout Curtains
WONTEX blackout curtains are made of 100% polyester. As a result, it doubles as an 85% – 99% Blackout Curtain. The product is washable, wrinkle-resistant, washable, and soundproof. This qualifies it for all-around use in the studio for reducing noise, light, heat, and cold. It also protects furniture, floors, and artworks from the ravages of the sun; thereby ensuring lasting use. Plus, it comes with large grommet rings that aid convenient sliding and easy installation. The curtain has an average energy-efficient rating but does enough to keep the difference in temperature no greater than 3 degrees.
- Large grommet rings
- Heavy and soft fabrics
- Blocks heat and cold
- The Grommet rings are large, so they slide easily.
- The curtains are not wrinkle-free but close.
There is no obvious miracle or cure for stopping all the sound coming from your studio. However, the best soundproof curtains for studio goes a long way to reduce the effect of those thumping toms, guitars, and cymbals. We hope we have taken you through all the things you need to know about the soundproof curtains for studio and what makes them the market’s best.
Do note, though, that the curtains won’t present an automatic solution to your noise problem. However, if you install them correctly, they can make a difference in the amount of noise that will get through your doors and windows. You should also bear in mind that the size of your instrument and the intensity affects the noise level. You can add some furniture in your studio to help absorb more sound. Happy buying!